LookFar Labs31 October 2022
Why Conduct a UX Review
We understand how difficult it is to maintain a flawless user experience due to the complexity of product design, especially if it’s a product you’ve been working on for a long time or have a personal stake in. This can lead to designers developing biases that cause important details to be overlooked. And on top of that, customer feedback can become difficult to resolve within the product team.To help mitigate these issues, we have UX Crits internally and sometimes even reach out to third parties to hear alternate approaches on how to solve for UX challenges. As a result, we decided to offer a Free UX Review to those who might find themselves in a similar position to us—looking for extra eyes on their product.
In case you’re not familiar with this process, we’ve got the lowdown for you!
What is a UX Review?
A UX review analyzes a user interface to identify areas for user experience enhancement. It utilizes a variety of data sources, including user insights and usability heuristics.
Who Should Consider a UX Review?
- Product Managers
- Product Designers
Benefits of Doing a UX Review
- Fresh Perspective
- Oftentimes, designers become so familiarized with their own product they forget that users may not possess the same level of familiarity. Therefore, bringing in a fresh set of eyes will allow for your product to be reviewed through a new lens. This opens up a more in-depth analysis to fix problems you may be overlooking.
- Cut Cost
- Building a slick and user-friendly product is expensive. However, repairing bad UX once your product has an engaged user base is more costly. Oftentimes, we see companies wait until their customers are super frustrated and ready to leave. However, all this does is push users towards your competition. With a UX review, you’ll be able to pinpoint the bottlenecks in your product before users decide to unsubscribe, ultimately saving you time and money.
- Gain New Customers
- For web apps: Google’s algorithm is always changing, modernizing your UX design to meet current industry standards might improve your SEO ranks Nevertheless, it can be challenging to understand what Google prefers, so having a user experience specialist examine your website might give you the extra edge you need to rank higher.
- For mobile apps: An appealing and eye-catching design that influences your customers in a positive way is vital in an age of fierce mobile app competition. Typically, mobile apps fail or succeed through word-of-mouth. So, getting the UX right early on will play a significant role in the ultimate success of your product.
- Increased Customer Loyalty
- Today, selling products and services is a little more complex. Due to the ease of browsing and purchasing goods from the palm of their hands, people are deciding to make purchases more frequently. This means that UX plays an increasingly important role as high churn is a result of users feeling a decreased level of support from the company and then becoming disengaged. This makes it vital to have someone come in and point out ways to enhance your product to improve the likelihood of customer retention.
- Faster Task Completion
- The more time it takes a user to complete a task, the less likely they are to convert or frequently engage with your product. With a UX review, you’ll get feedback on how to optimize and simplify the user process flows.
What to Expect in a UX Review Report?
- Problem Statement
A description of the problem the client is wanting to solve.
Involves uncovering the objective, the client’s vision, the specific timeline, their target audience and more. The whole idea is to know exactly what the client’s goals are, in order to put forth concerns and align the strategy accordingly.
- Analysis Results
In depth description pinpointing bottlenecks
UX recommendations that will boost the chances of conversion, help retain waning customers, and delight loyal ones.
If you’re interested in overcoming UX challenges- Let us Know.